Tuesday 3 July 2012

Happy Canada Day (a couple days late)

Wow - time flies when you're having fun! What a fantastic weekend! We had a great time with family and friends, and enjoyed the super awesome weather :) 

How did you spend Canada Day? 

We had family over for a wonderful visit in the afternoon, then decided it would be a great idea to take the kids into town at dinner time to pick up some things from Wal-Mart.  Seriously? Nothing quite says Canada Day celebration more than cranky kids wandering around Wal-Mart.

Then, because they were so so so so hungry (well, it was dinner time . . . duh!), we caved and went to the in store McDonalds. Wow. I ordered while the kids took their seats. Suddenly Zach started screaming at the top of his lungs - apparently Ben decided to pound the crap out of him. Thankfully, Mike got there in time to prevent a major butt kicking and settle things down. Cue evil looks from other patrons. Sigh.

After the obligatory fight about not getting their Happy Meal toys until after they were finished eating, we settled in to eat. Two minutes later, Zach decided he needed to use the washroom. Mike took him. Ben pitched a fit because he needed to go to and got left behind. Cue evil looks from other patrons a second time. 

Once they returned, everyone finished their meals relatively quickly and it was time to get going. About that time Zach decided to show me his loose (and very bloody!) tooth. I almost puked right then and there. I freaking HATE loose teeth - especially bloody ones. I told him he isn't allowed to have it fall out unless Daddy is home. Yes, I am mean and unreasonable - and if it needs to fall out sooner, I will have to find someone to help me out. Any takers?

By the time we made it out of Wal-Mart it was pouring rain. We ran to the car, got in, and breathed a huge sigh of relief that we had made it out in one piece. As I buckled my seatbelt, I was lucky enough to discover that my fly was undone the entire time we were there. Good thing I wore my super neon orange/pink panties that day - otherwise someone might have noticed.  

It's a good thing Canada's birthday only comes around once a year - I can't handle that kind of party anymore!





No comments:

Post a Comment