Friday 8 November 2013

DST - The Aftermath

After almost a week straight of 5 a.m. wake up calls, I have officially decided Daylight Savings Time can go to a place a heck of a lot warmer than it is here.

My kids have always been early risers - and are pretty consistent in their 6 a.m. 'rise and fight' routine regardless of the time they went to bed the night before. So when DST hits, we usually have a couple days before their internal clocks get adjusted.

Now we are 7 days in, and I have almost resigned myself to the fact that 5 is the new 6. Also, there is not enough coffee in the world to get me through this.
Or by screaming children … 


This morning, in sheer desperation, I wrote the following message on the stove:




Clearly I am in a stupor, otherwise I would have scribed this on something that other people in the house actually look at … but no, I chose the stove. I may as well have scribbled it in the leftover lint that dusts the top of the dryer … no one else looks at it either.

Sigh. I'm gonna grab me a Gin and have me a pity party today. Anyone want to take my kids for a sleepover?


2 comments:

  1. There may not be enough coffee, but one can sure try? (awake at 5, myself.......*sigh*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They slept til 5:30 this morning - I'm celebrating by adding copious amounts of Baileys to my extra strong coffee ;)

      Delete